Wednesday, March 21, 2012

routines






We are slowly starting to make some progress on setting some normal routines in our household, and it feels so good to start to get back to 'normal.' We have the sleep routine down pat, no problems. Ever since she was 4 weeks old when we stopped waking her up to eat every 3 hours she has been 'sleeping through the night' with no problems! Bill goes to bed around 8 pm since he wakes up so early. I stay up with her and give her the last bottle around 10. She goes right to sleep after the bottle and doesn't wake up till about 3 or 4 am. Bill gets up with her and feeds her and she goes back to sleep till about 7 am. So with our handy little schedule everyone is getting a full night's sleep!! Fantastic. She also takes quite a few naps during the day so I can usually get one or two chores done around the house.


Winnie is a great nap buddy!




Taking a shower is a skill I have just about mastered. It must be done right after the 7 am bottle, when she's either fast asleep or peaceful and content. I put the bouncer in the bathroom so I can keep her in full view while showering. Shower lasts no more than 5 minutes max if she's awake.   The trick I discovered today is the hair dryer...it puts her right to sleep!! If I hop out of the shower and immediately start blow drying my hair she passes out and I can finish getting dressed in peace! 


Loving the bouncer!

As soon as the hair dryer comes on it's lights out!!


This past Sunday we made our first appearance at church. Getting all 3 of us dressed and out the door on time was a bit of a balancing act but we got it done. She was very good at church, just dozed off and on, didn't cry at all. I'm sure we won't always be this lucky at church but at least our first venture was successful!
Such a good girl at church.


I've even started venturing out of the house with her to run some errands, which is what I appreciate the most. We ran to Target to get more formula...and walked out with more clothes and an Easter dress. Shopping for her is an impulse I just can't resist. We also ran to Michael's to get goodies for her Easter basket!




Both times she was pretty cooperative, didn't fuss much. The only snafu is when we're driving...she likes the car in motion and is not pleased when we stop. She'll fuss till the car starts moving again. Hence I've started planning our routes with the least number of red lights and stop signs possible. But at least I know she should do pretty well on our first road trip back to Louisiana in a few weeks! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment