Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy (Un)Easter!


Well we finally got our Happy Easter Sunday, just a few weeks late. It started out a bit crappy...(literally)....but ended on a happy note. She awoke at 5 am from pain from her acid reflux. I could tell she wanted to sleep but the pain was getting to her. She was squirming and flailing and fussing all while her eyes were shut. You could see she really wanted to sleep, but it just wasn't happening. So we got up and commenced with the first feeding of the day. She took her bottle quietly propped in my arms, all the while plotting an abominable diaper blowout of epic proportions. I saw the warning signs once again....the grunting, the squirming, the whiffs of certain death emanating from her diaper. But none of this was too alarming until I felt something liquid soak through my tshirt and roll onto the couch. I'll leave the rest of the story to your imagination. Suffice to say, she and I both spent the next hour soaking in a bubble bath with Dove and Disinfectant. 

Bad news: I got pooped and puked on in a span of less than 20 minutes, a new world record in our household. Good news: all that activity just wore her right out and she went back to sleep at 6:30 and slept till 9. Since I was already awake, fumigated, and caffeinated, I had plenty of time to actually read the entire Sunday paper! Yay! 

For the rest of the day she was in a pretty good mood and we were finally able to wear our Easter finest to church. She just dozed off and on during the service, smiling up at me occasionally in repentance for her morning mischief. Good thing she's cute. It will take a lot of smiles to forget that experience!

Everyone smile and say 'Clorox'!

I'm all grins after a good time this morning!

Before Easter I took her to see the Easter Bunny at the mall. This is a required rite of passage for childhood, mostly for the amusement of the adults I'm sure. The mom laughs, while the bunny tortures innocent tots with his open mouth and jaws of death. Who can blame the kids for screaming in terror?? (See this website with more photos for a good laugh. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-65-sketchiest-easter-bunnies)
Please don't eat me!!

Keep the eggs and candy, just stay away from me!!

Luckily my girl was unfazed and actually enjoyed the experience! Probably because she was too young to comprehend the fact that a giant white rabbit was clutching her in his paws. I'm sure our Easter pic next year will look a bit different!

I love the Easter bunny!

She got lots of nice goodies in her Easter basket, including toys, stuffed animals, board books, and a new snuggly swaddle blanket with Velcro for her Houdini moves! She was quite pleased with her bounty. One day, when she's a surly teenager, I'm going to fill her Easter basket with cans of Lysol and remind her why she needs to be nice to me.



Caroline shared her bunny ears with Winnie. He was less than thrilled.
I put him through the same humiliation last year, to a greater degree.



We spent the rest of the day at Kristen and Justin's house, hanging out with cousin Riley and Grandma and the rest of the Houston Renton crew. Overall, a nice (un)Easter Sunday! Perhaps next year we will celebrate the holiday on time with the rest of the world...and without any unpleasant diaper disasters!

1 comment:

  1. Good pics, sis! Next Easter will be much more fun - egg hunting and chocolate bunny eating! (Please leave the ears uneaten for your child)

    ReplyDelete