Tuesday, April 10, 2012

2 months old




Monday was Caroline's 2 month birthday. She made a visit to the pediatrician and her weight and growth all look good. This seems to be enough to convince the pediatrician that because she's gaining weight 'she's fine' and her eating/screaming problems are something she'll outgrow. Perhaps she will outgrow the acid reflux eventually but I refuse to sit by idly for the next 6 months and watch her suffer. I have fired that pediatrician and made an appointment with a new one next week. She also will make another visit to the pediatric gastroentologist. I will continue to yell, scream, and generally harass these doctors until someone listens to me and doesn't just dismiss and diminish my concerns!!

Otherwise, when she's not screaming in pain, she is a sweet girl who smiles at every opportunity. If we can just get her eating problems solved she will be the world's best baby!! Her latest fascination is ceiling fans. She particularly loves the one in her room when I dim the lights right before bedtime....she's absolutely mesmerized. She stares and stares at it, smiling and cooing and talking to her friend in the ceiling. Eventually she starts to get sleepy and gazes up at me with a half-smile, eyelids slowly getting heavier, and drifts off to sleep. Sweet angel. At least we have this wonderful nighttime ritual. No matter how bad the days are, bedtime is always bliss. 

Waking up is heavenly as well. She's always in a good mood right when she wakes up; she never cries. She usually just opens her eyes and looks around and calmly hangs out in her bed until I come to get her. Then she grins from ear to ear when she sees me. Sweet angel.


Happy two month birthday Caroline!! Here's a few of the other pics from our 2 month photo session.

Still working on the head control...

Great at smiling though!

Instead of butterbean, now she's a jumping bean....always in action!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're exploring other pediatricians. She does seem like a generally happy baby, and she sure looks cute in those onesies! I love seeing her in them!! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the good morning video. You should post that on facebook for everyone to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete