Tuesday, September 25, 2012

catching up

We've been busy busy busy the last few weeks...apologies for the delay in updates! We've been caught in a whirlwind of outings, school days, doctor/dentist appointments, a visit from Aunty Em and miscellaneous projects around the house. Here's a recap of the latest happenings.

Highlighting the top of my 'things I never want to do again' list is the gum tissue graft dental surgery I had a few weeks ago. Basically they took a chunk of tissue out of the roof of my mouth and sewed it onto an area on my lower jaw where the gum tissue was receding. Sounds like fun, no? What's not to love about refraining from eating anything for a day and a half, taking pain meds on a militant 6 hour schedule, wearing a delightful plastic mouthguard that gives me a charming lisp, chewing on one side of my mouth and waiting for the next 6 months to pass so the gum tissue will heal? And the icing on the cake is that my oral surgeon said there's no guarantee it will work...we might have to go back and do another surgery in 6 months. Oh joy.

I took a break from the pain and misery of my mouth by hitting up the Just Between Friends sale last week (thanks Christina!) with my friend Jackie. It was the holy mecca of children's consignment sales....thousands and thousands of toys, books, clothes, bedding, strollers, playpens, basically anything a child of any age might need. All cheaply priced bargains for the taking! Jackie loaded up on toys for Tommy...good thing they have a huge new playroom in their new house just waiting to be filled with toys!




Knowing that we are stuffed to the gills in our townhome, I refrained from buying any toys as we simply have nowhere to put them. Clothes however were just what we needed and we stocked up on fall/winter clothes and matching shoes! 



I've also been dabbling with a few craft projects that I kept wanting to do and somehow kept getting put off. We have so many great photos of Caroline that are just collecting virtual dust on the computer hardrive, so I finally got my act together and started making canvas photos to create a gallery wall in her room. 4 down, about 8 more to go.

Also used one of her newborn photos to create some art for her bathroom. 

And since I've been such a slacker I've been behind in posting her 6 month photos. She was very cooperative for her photoshoot and we got several good ones.





If this isn't the cutest little tush you've ever seen.....

Bill and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on Saturday but it was a low-key day...just hanging out with Aunty Em who came for a visit and watching the abysmal football game. The real fun will start in a few weeks, when our first real 'date night' will take place. I finally finally finally found a babysitter for Caroline, so I arranged for her to come babysit the first Saturday of every month from 10-4 and I planned 6 months worth of fun activities for us to do. I created a bunch of date night coupons and Bill will get to open one every month so there will always be a fun surprise! 


Meanwhile Ms Caroline is improving her crawling skills every day. She's getting pretty good now! Not terribly fast yet but definitely finessing her coordination. Check out her video on youtube to see her in action.

And last but not least, today is Daddy's birthday! Happy birthday to our sweet hardworking devoted Daddy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment