Monday, September 10, 2012

7 months: man your battle stations, she's crawling!



Well it finally happened. After two weeks of rocking back and forth on her arms and legs (a trick she learned at school), she finally gave it a go and started crawling. Time to make the rounds at Babies R Us and load up on defensive gear, including toilet bowl lid latches, outlet plug protectors, table guards, cabinet locks, and possibly a lifetime supply of bubble wrap to cover the entire second floor. (There is no carpet on that level of the house.)




In the meantime we've finally converted the pack-n-play in the living room into its intended purpose as a kiddie jail eh, playpen. For the moment we can plop her in there with a few toys, a book, and a floppy dusting mitt (her new favorite non-toy plaything) and she's happy to occupy herself while we're cooking or cleaning. 

She now has two bottom teeth, but despite her body showing its readiness for 'real' food, she continues to dislike 75% of what we feed her. Such a picky palette. We are still on stage 1 baby foods too; I haven't had any success getting her to try the stage 2 foods. Every time I offer her a bite of something from stage 2 she gags and pukes. I'm afraid since she spent the first 4 months of her life constantly throwing up she has developed a very sensitive gag reflex. (Ok she might have just inherited that from me too. I have a big red flag on my dental chart that labels me as 'gag risk.' I start to gag as soon as the technician walks in the room with those mouth xray things...) Obviously I haven't even tried to give her any 'real' food yet, only the jarred baby food. 




School has been going ok. She now understands what it means when I hand her over to the teacher, and she immediately starts crying. [Insert mommy guilt here]. But I know she doesn't cry for long; as soon as I get outside and can peek in the window she's distracted with toys and happily playing away. And when I arrive to pick her up she's happily playing away, but as soon as she spots me she bursts into tears again. 
It was all fun and games in the bye bye buggy until she
spotted me at pickup. And then a chain reaction
of crying ensued...

Crazy kid. In between crying at dropoff and pickup though I know she's having a good time. The teachers are great about taking pictures and shared a few of Caroline playing at school.


Here lemme show you how this works....

playing a rousing game of 'roll the ball'

her favorite pose: "hey there sailor..."

from 'meet the teacher' night

She still loves her 'fishies' and trips to the zoo, so we celebrated her 7 month birthday at the zoo since the weather was so nice. If I had a nickel for every time someone stopped us while we're out and about to say 'oh what a cute baby!' I would be a millionaire! Ah but who needs millions when I'm already blessed with a beautiful healthy baby?


FISHIES!!

seeing this same exhibit over and over
never gets old to her...

Little does she know these beautiful stinging devils
were the bane of my childhood existence
at the beach.

always a fan of the goats!




ready for church!


No comments:

Post a Comment