Wednesday, July 25, 2012

baptism





Before Caroline was born, Bill and  I agreed that we would have two ceremonies for her, a Presbyterian one in my church and a Catholic one in his church. I had been trying for months and months to arrange Caroline's baptism in my church, but between Bill's work travel and the church's limited baptism schedule there was never a weekend where both were available. So I finally decided to just have her baptism while she and I were visiting Louisiana in early July. Bill's parents came and stood for him during the ceremony, which was short and sweet. She was such a good girl of course, didn't fuss or cry during the ceremony or the rest of the church service. She wore the same baptism gown that my sister and I wore when we were babies. We took photos on the steps of the church afterwards, just as my family did when Emily and Grant and I were baptized. Nice to carry on the traditions! Afterwards we all had lunch at my mom's house, and then Caroline and Ms MJ and I drove back to Texas that night. I wish Bill could have been there, but we just had to make do. We'll try again on the next one! 







No comments:

Post a Comment