Sunday, January 8, 2012

ready, set, wait!



Welcome to the adventures of the expanding Renton family! With so many friends and family scattered across the country (and world!), I figured this would be the easiest way to keep everyone up-to-date on the happenings of the Renton clan. Life around our house is about to get a whole lot more interesting!


In the next few weeks we'll be welcoming the first addition to our little family...the butterbean! Butterbean has been a very happy camper for the last 36 weeks and it's been an enjoyable pregnancy. The first trimester was full of the usual pregnancy oddities...morning sickness (2-3 times every morning, for a good 7 weeks!), insatiable appetite, emotional sensitivity. Things calmed down in the second trimester and Butterbean and I happily trucked along. I walked in the park every morning, ate as many Oreos as one human being could possibly consume, made plans for the nursery, and completed baby shower plans and baby registry items. We had 2 wonderful showers in November- one with the extended Renton family in Mandeville and one with my family and friends in Baton Rouge. It was so much fun to see everyone I loved gathered together just for me!

The holidays came and went and suddenly the third trimester was in full swing. I have been frantically rushing to complete the exhaustive 'to do' list before Butterbean arrives, and slowly but surely we are getting things done. Nursery is finally complete (I'll post pics soon), baby clothes and blankets washed and put away, every inch of this house has been decluttered/cleaned/organized, and Bill has skillfully assembled every single baby apparatus a baby could ever want or need. (I call it a victory when less than 5 expletives were uttered, no bodily harm was incurred, and each item is fully functional.)

And now we're down to the waiting game. Everyone seems to think I will deliver early and I guess that's why I've been in such a frantic nesting state-of-mind lately. And wow. The nesting business is serious stuff. I had read about it in the pregnancy books but didn't really know if I would experience anything like that. After I spent an entire Saturday cleaning the house from top to bottom, including dusting places/things that had NEVER been dusted before, I realized we were at the end of this pregnancy road. Anyone who knows me knows i DETEST cleaning with every ounce of my body! My cleaning-nazi husband quite enjoyed my remarkable change in behavior though.

So 36 weeks down, 4 (or less??) to go! Ready, set, wait!







4 comments:

  1. Yay! Im glad you started a blog to document this start of your family. I hope that you will include posts about mommyhood, how it compares/contrasts to what you heard before, and anything new youve discovered along the way. Its quite a ride, but youll be great at it. Cant wait to see pics of the nursery and meet butterbean when he/she arrives!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the saints shirts. This kiddo's football favorites are set from the start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Blog! You'll be grateful for it when 'she' arrives and you can quickly post updates for everyone. Oh and I found a 'mistake' in your blog :) I have a feeling Winston would take issue w/Butterbean being considered the "first addition."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for butterbean's arrival and so excited y'all started a blog! You are as cute as a button in these pics. Its the final countdown! :)

    ReplyDelete